2009-08-18

Wheel Stitch Blanket (a.k.a. Wooleater)

I recently finished this baby-sized (34 inches) blanket for a relative. The stitch is called the wheel stitch, and I've had some nice comments about it. I'm showing the front and back for comparison of the appearance of the stitch. Interesting.

Here's the front:


And here's the back:


The pictures were taken on different days, hence the difference in contrast/brightness.

I made the blanket after becoming interested in the pattern instructions online, which are no longer available. This one's square, but I'm working on a rectangular version. I'll share the results of that soon.



Update:  The instructions for this blanket have been moved and published in a more clear manner.  New Wool Eater Instructions

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a really nice stitch! Your color choices are great too.

browneyes1957 said...

I just had to say I love your Blanket. I think it's just great that you love to crochet!!! I just wish this pattern was still on line I love to make one for my new grandson.

browneyes1957 said...

I just had to say I love your Blanket. I think it's just great that you love to crochet!!! I just wish this pattern was still on line I love to make one for my new grandson.

CrochetDad said...

The instructions are available and have been redone to be more clear. Please click on the link below for the redone instructions.

Wool Eater Instructions

Blanket America said...

Very nice indeed the wheel stitch and the colors have been effectively used to give a nice look to the blanket.

patchwork

CrochetDad said...

Thanks so much for the nice comments.

Unknown said...

This is fantastic. What great colors.

drhb said...

This is gorgeous, love your colors, can you tell us what yarn and colors you used? Great job, love it

drhb said...

Blogger deb he said...
This is gorgeous, love your colors, can you tell us what yarn and colors you used? Great job, love it